As many of you know, Lily's Mommy can be a bit of a procrastinator & perfectionist... thank you all for being patient! You had to wait, and now I have probably gone a little overboard. Anyway, we hope this will be a great way to keep family & friends updated, as well as keep a journal for ourselves. Please check the blog for future entries & new photos. :)
The last few months have been incredible and life changing. We never imagined the love & happiness that would fill our hearts. We've heard it before, but now can understand, that a baby will change your world & priorities. I actually feel more relaxed now than ever before. We are learning more & more from our beautiful daughter every day. Even though Lily isn't "using her words" as we like to suggest to her, she has other ways of letting us know what she needs. :)
Scotty has been an AMAZING husband & daddy (who had a doubt?). Lily adores him & loves her Daddy time. She especially enjoys all of the personalized impromptu songs that he sings (a talent Mommy does not possess). Mommy's favorite Daddy song would have to be "Gimme some of that BLT... don't gimme no fake may-nase."
Some recent news...
11/4/08... a big day, for everyone! Anyway, in our little world it was a big day because I ventured out with Lily to vote, go to the post office, get gas & go grocery shopping (all in one trip). Lily usually stays at home with Daddy when I run errands. Yesterday I felt brave... and she was an angel the entire time.
Lily is definitely smiling/reacting with intention to her Mommy & Daddy... we enjoy carrying on family "conversations."
With most every nap, she successfully breaks out of her swaddle/burrito. Notice "Houdini" in the photo. This is how I found Lily one morning... looks like she may be into the 80's "off the shoulder" style. Also, she lets us know it is nap time with a very distinct cry that Mommy likes to call "the sick cat cry."
She is sleeping like a champ! We have had 2 nights in a row (11/3 & 11/4) with Lily sleeping 9 hours during the night!! Amazing.
She HATES "tummy time"... not new, just unchanged. We welcome any suggestions. :)
When playing on her mat, she can turn her top half to the side.
Lily loves bath time... with the exception of rinsing her hair, washing her neck & the transition from bath to clothes.
P.S. Here are some of Lillian Faye's nicknames:
"Lily" (of course)
"Pooperton" (pretty much retired... I probably don't have to explain this one)
"Babers"
"Smiley"
"Liller"/"Liller-Pie"/"Liller-Pie-Punkin-Face"
"Squisher-Pie"
"Sleeper-Pie"
Really, most anything works with "pie" attached... try it.


4 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging! We are really looking forward to following Lily's every move! We hope that Stella and Lily will get to meet soon and know for certain that they will be dear friends! Keep the updates coming. We LOVE knowing what you're all up to!
It is so great to "see" you all! Lily is just precious and I am so happy things are going so well. Take care! Austyn
It's so great to be able to see what's going on in your lives... maybe I'll get ambitious one of these days and get a Patton Family blog rolling...
I'm patiently awaiting the day I finally get to meet my future daughter-in-law. Until then, thanks for including me in your journey as new parents! Much Love to you all ~ Denise
Sarah,
How fun. Loved reading about your new adventures as parents. Congrats on getting out for that full day of errands with Lily. I remember the feeling of being uncertain about what errands to attempt...heck i still have that feeling from time to time with the girls! =) The picture of Lily with the off the shoulder look is too funny. A Houdini no doubt. Also, the picture of Scarlette and Evi on Halloween made me smile. Send me that if you can. I didn't get any good pics on that night. Love the image of Lily at the zoo too, and now funny you remark about not having any shots of the animals and then at the wedding not having any images of the bride and groom. Yes, your focus has changed. When i showed Matthew my favorite pic from the wedding it too was of my girls. A beautiful bride and groom just can't compete with the cuteness of one's own daughters!
Love to you,
Marcia
Post a Comment